Condiments are some of the most highly processed, unhealthy products we purchase, but few think to make their own. The truth is most are very simple to make and use basic ingredients you already have on hand. This video takes you through making homemade honey mustard using just 5 ingredients — mustard seed, honey, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and salt. The whole process takes less than 20 minutes!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Homemade Honey Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Whole yellow or brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 Cup Honey or to taste
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive OIl
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- Using spice grinder, food processor or blender, grind mustard seeds to fine powder. Place in 2 quart saucepan.
- Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey, apple cider vinegar, oil and salt. Stir to combine.
- Place pan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring frequently until mixture starts to thicken and big bubbles form.
- Turn heat down to low and continue cooking, stirring constantly until very thick, about 1-2 additional minutes. Taste and add additional honey, vinegar and/or salt if desired.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer to jar with tightly fitting lid and refrigerate up to 6 months.