Loaded with nutrient-rich plants, this salad is a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds! Full of quality protein, antioxidants, phyto-nutrients, and healthy fats this makes a complete meal or a delicious side. Naturally gluten-free and vegan (when using maple syrup), this is a dish everyone can eat and is perfect for your next potluck or picnic! Enjoy!
Quinoa, Spinach & Blueberry Salad
- 1/2 Cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 Clove Garlic worked into a paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Sliced baby spinach
- 1 Cup Finely sliced red cabbage
- 2 Cups Cooked quinoa
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Finely sliced Brussels Sprouts about 4 ounces
- 1/2 Cup Fresh sprouts
- For dressing: In a medium bowl or jar with a lid, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup or honey, garlic, Dijon, ½ teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Whisk or shake vigorously until well combined and slightly thickened.
- For salad: Combine spinach, red cabbage, quinoa, blueberries and brussels sprouts in large bowl. Toss with dressing to coat (may not use all dressing). Serve immediately topped with fresh sprouts, if desired.