|These potato, onion, and herb packets are a simple and delicious addition to your cookout menu! No grill? Just place the packet on a baking sheet and cook at 400 degF for about 20 minutes. Change up the herbs depending on what you have on hand and your personal preferences. Enjoy!|
Potato, Onion & Herb Packets
- 1 Pound Yukon Gold potatoes cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 Medium Onion sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic sliced
- 2-4 Tablespoons Herbs of choice (dill, sage, thyme, rosemary, parsley, chives, etc.)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Oil of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F or heat grill to medium-high. Prepare 2 parchment or foil sheets (12-18” wide by 24” long) by either folding in half and unfolding onto baking sheet or cutting into “heart” and unfolding.
- Place potatoes, onion, garlic, herbs, about ½ teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Add oil to coat (vegetables should glisten); mix well. If using foil, lightly coat with cooking spray. Arrange potato mixture in a single layer, slightly overlapping on half of each piece of parchment or foil. Leave a 2-inch border on all sides. Fold sides over and pinch edges together to seal packets.
- Place packets on grill or on baking sheet in oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. If grilling, cover grill while cooking. Serve immediately. BE CAREFUL when opening packets as steam is VERY HOT!!